Wednesday 27 April 2016

A mixed media page using Les Papiers de Pandore's 'Carte Postale'.

Hi there!
Today I want to share a page using the new Carte Postale collection from Les Papiers de Pandore.
I love these new papers and also the stamp-set that have matching designs. Soo pretty!
You can see the ollection HERE



This was a really fun page to make. I used many of my mixed media goodies with the Pandore papers.
I started with gesso and some mists, then I added some watercolour pencils and some different media and things for texture. The Finnabair art stones are great for just texture and even the tiny microbeads.


The beautiful Blue Fern Studios chipboard got a lick of white paint and I even stamped with a small script stamp on top. You can see how I added the art stones inside the tiny frames while letting the dotted washi tape underneath shows through.


Here I used the 'Say Hello' from the stamp set and made a kind of a title together with the word 'friend' from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Friendship Script Words.
This is one of my fave  die cut word sets.


The large white flower is by Prima and  the leaves were made with a die also by Prima Marketing.


A couple of more close ups.As you see here;  with just small means you can achieve a lot of texture.




Finally I would like to share with you the challenge at Scrap Africa where I will be entering my page:
I actually took the liberty of adding some yellowy tones to the mix . (Initially I saw the lighter greens as yellow on my screen) My page kind of evolved on it's own. I took my inspiration from the first and last picture of the board. I associated to layering and mixing things up very freely.
And that suited my mood just perfectly

This is the enticing moodboard over there.


I hope you liked my page and maybe even feel a little inspired to create your own version of a mixed media page. They are just so much fun to make!!

Hugs and thanks for looking!! 



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page and design with lovely colors and elements. As always, I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is unbelievably inspiring!!! I am thrilled beyond measure over this entire project.
    I adore this!! It's so fabulous!! TFS in Scrap Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Í'm really envious on your mixed media skills. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Bente; chock full of texture and vibrancy. Love the colours and the design. Inspirational art. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. This looks magnificent! just love all the texture, the colors and flowers.. fabulous design too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastiskt arbete...älskar färgerna och alla detaljer du fått med på denna härliga layout :) Tack för att du deltar hos oss på Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning design! Love the colour combo and background and of course the perfect balance. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!!!love!love!love!!!
    this page is completely marvelous!!!
    thanks for playing with us at scrap africa!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...