Wednesday 28 May 2014

Scraps of Elegance sponsoring SATW, and a feature at Scrapbook.com

I am lucky to be guesting the popular challenge site Scrap Around The World not one but TWO times this month! This time I have a sweet page to share that I made as part of the DT of Scraps of Elegance who are one of the sponsors of the  .............celebration.


This is the pretty mood board that we were given as inspiration:


In the photograph my colours turned out a little darker than those in the mood board, but I think that is ok as the board is for inspiration.

Here is a short pictoral description of how I made the page.


 And here are the usual close ups of the details. I love this photo. It was taken of my middle daughter when she was a couple of years old and she will actually be 20 next birthday :-) 
We had chicks in the garden and it was so much fun to see the joy on my three girls' faces! .-)


I used mostly the April kit from my fave kit club Scraps of Elegance for this page. The papers are by Bo Bunny and Glitz, and the red paper inside the trellies is by Papirdesign.


 To add texture I used a mask with gesso and a similar trellis pattern cut with one of my new Sizzix dies. I love the versatility of those dies. Here I have cut them out, glued them to a red backing paper and then cut around the shapes for added interest.
You can find the dies HERE


Even the red flowers were made using a die from Sizzix die. (Tattered florals by Tim Holtz) HERE


 I used letterstickers from Prima for my title and the splatters are made with mist.

I hope you enjoyed my page!

This morning I woke up to a nice notification that my recent page for Inkido called 'Milan Trip'
had been picked for the new feature called  'Layouts we Love'



You can see all the features on the Scrapbook.com blog HERE.

Have a lovely day!!





12 comments:

  1. Oh, such an amazing lay-out! I love the summery colours. And big congrats on the feature of your gorgeous page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vibrant take on the mood board at SATW and the photo is so sweet. My little Grandsons have a chicken each and they too, like to cuddle them in this way. Nice to see the step by step and congrats on the feature for Milan trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely layouts, well done on your layout getting picked up by Inkido too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first page is just stunning. I love the colours and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nydelig LO!! og grattis :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love both of these. The first just 'pops' with color....the flowers look stunning. Lovin the second....what a neat look this one has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layouts Bente, huge congrats x

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS, Bente! And as always love those details! The colors and textures are amazing. And that photo takes center stage! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Bente on the feature! You are an amazing scrap booker! I am loving everything here. Your work is fabulous! Glad to be your new follower and will sure get to learn so much from you.

    P.S -Thank you for taking time out and visiting my blog. It is so much encouragement when newbies like me get appreciation from such talented crafters like you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant work! Your first layout is eyepoppingly gorgeous!!! The colour is amazing! And congrats on your second layout - it's brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning layout again Bente!! Love the colors of this one (red remains my favorite color!) and that photo is awesome too. Congrats on the Scrapbook.com feature!! (I had one featured too last week :) ). Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    I have not found your email address to make a special request. Can you contact me at stampenjoy@gmail.com? With thanks.
    Sandrine VACHON

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...