Saturday 18 August 2012

"That Smile" Time for a new Case file at CSI Color Stories Inspiration!


Hi again. Time for a new CSI casefile and a big load of  inspiration!
The colours this week are very classic and not really colours that I use very often but still I am quite happy with the outcome. I should use them more often!

First I will share the layout as it appears in the reveal, only because I really like the way it looks placed within that cool frame. I just love that masking tape and the arrows.


Here you get the gist of the challenge for this week and if you go to the CSI blog you can read all about the names/codes of colours etc at the bottom of the reveal (after all the guest and DT inspiration). 
There are some very beautiful examples that you might want to check out!


My papers are a mix from all different manufactureres; Pink Paislee, Glitz, Les Papiers de Pandore, October Afternoon and also from page 2 of the awesome printables on offer as a freebie at CSI
Really cool stuff!



Luckily I had the 'perfect' photos for this case. 
Beatrice is very much used to me running wild with my Nikon and taking photos all the time. This leads to that particular smile that says I'll smile if you go away....

On this day we had been to the sales and of course Beatrice had biiig bags to carry home! 
We were staying with my sister in Norway and she also loves too take a lot of photos. 
My journalling says that Beatrice was much happier to be photographed by her aunt because it was something new and different. She/we had a lot of fun!
For my 'evidence' I used; Wood(buttons), liquid medium (paint,distress stickles), cloud, glitter and 
of course triangles in my banners.
My 'testimony' is using journalling strips (and I added them by threes).


A little closer view of some of my layered elements that I even have sewn around.


I am not quite sure but I think that large velvet bloom is made by Petaloo. I don't have the packaging any longer. It is a real beauty though!


This is my little cloud I cut out for evidence. I gave it a coat of gesso with my finger and I added a small amount of glitter to it,too.


These are my triangles and my wooden buttons.


Thanks for taking a peek at my latest page. I am off to work on next weeks colours!
Enjoy your week end!!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful...love all the texture and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This page just catches your attention right away! So pretty and the embellies and design are so striking! Love what you've done here and those pics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layers and texture are amazing! I always see the photos first! Amazing how you do that. She is just adorable. That smile. I can understand. Emma gets so tired of me taking photos of her.

    I love the colors! They are not always easy to work with, but you rocked it! Your style always comes shining through. Amazing, Bente!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the photos, the banner and loveeeee the background you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a wonderful layout Bente!! Love all the triangle shapes and those gorgeous photos of Bea! This is the first time I've noticed her face changing from a little girl into a tween - same with Cami - they are losing their baby faces :( They are growing into beautiful young ladies tho!! Spot a bit of Pandore in there too :))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fantastic, Bente! Just love your stamping on the background, along with the stitching, distressing & all your fabulous layers. You've totally rocked this case!
    Ohhh...and yep, what a beautiful smile "that" smile is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virkelig lekkert og vanvittig nydelig!
    Så mye lekre detaljer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing LO!! Love the colors and fabulous details - stitching, distressing, banners just to name a few. Such sweet photos too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect layout again!! LOVE all your details, the background, the many layers & structures .... love it all really!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love it when you stitch on stuff to your pages and make them chunky and just beautiful! As Helen says, Bea has changed so much this summer, looks like teenager more than the little girl. The photos really immediately catch the eye, you cracked the case file just wonderfully! smashing big bloom, do so love it and your cute banner and the Bente details! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! denna är fantastisk alla lager alla detaljer och färgr är en perfekt kombo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooooohhhhhhh wooooooooooow!!! this is STUNNING!!! love everything on this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous take on that case! Wow the layers and distressing... love all the stitching and those photos are adorable!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...