Sunday 7 April 2013

'Enjoy Summer', DT layout for Inkido.

Today it is my turn to post on the Inkido blog.
This layout was also made for Yasmines challenge on the Inkido blog this month.
 The idea is to use a mask/stencil as well as stamping on your project


I used a mix of older and newer collections for this page. 
I do like me some fussy cutting and the 'Sunshine' papers have an abundance of pretty roses to cut out and use as decorations.


I thought the beautiful Ingvild Bolme resin park bench by Prima ( Thanks sweet Eila!! ) would be a good match for the photo and evoke feelings of sitting in a beautiful rose garden.


I used a large number of lovely Inkido blooms on this lo and also some red half pearls. I find they are much more versatile than I understood from the beginning. They can be decorations in their own right and not just added a pearl here or there to adorn some other embellishment.


For the challenge I chose a small brick mask and a swirl stamp from the extensive Inkido collection. They have so many stamps that you will find one for any occasion.


Some details of my paper distressing and stitched borders. 
I added a couple of safety pins as well as a slightly humorous touch.


 Finally the title is made using a slightly older Prima textile alphabet, I just love that style and size. 
I actually had to be a little extra creative to change the letters to form my word as some letters were missing. But as fellow creative people you know that anything that works is fine! :) 

I hope you enjoyed my page and thanks for any messages you may leave me!

Be sure to visit Inkido to check out the challenge. 
There is a linky on the 'front page'


14 comments:

  1. Så vakkert, så vakkert!Bildet ser ut til å vere tatt i en nydelig hage ;) Ha en fin dag systa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page I love her smile, every page of yours we can see the beautiful woman she will be.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I have missed dropping by to view your beautiful creations! I really must stop letting work get in the way of blog hopping!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you store all these wonderful creations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so lovely, I love the bench seat, it is placed perfectly!! great papers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! LOVING that park bench embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (just typed a comment but it seems gone ... here it is again)
    Stunning page Bente!! Love what you do with Inkido's products!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page! I love how you have extended the scene from the photo to your page with the bench, bricks and flowers. The colors are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work!!!love love love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous page of your beautiful daughter. I love the effect of her sitting in a flower garden and I love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that safety pin, genius! You always mix so many techniques and layers but always comes out stylish! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really worked this gorgeous photo perfectly into this layout, the brick work and chair were such fantastic embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...