Friday 12 April 2013

'Sweet Summer Souvenirs' for the sketch at Les Papiers de Pandore.

Time for a new sketch at Les Papiers de Pandore.
I loved the look of Julie's new sketch and had a lot of fun working with it. I decided on a slightly more C&S approach than my normal one, but am actually thrilled with how it turned out.
I think mainly because of the lovely colours in the pretty Pandore papers.



Here is the fun sketch that I used for inspiration:

sketch-avril13.jpg

The cute photo was taken by a charming young man and son of my friend Julie who is in this photo with me. We are spending time with another charming French friend that we met that day. Laurence was so kind as to invite us to her house for lunch and a chat. We had a lovely afternoon needless to say, and Julie and I experienced some adventures in the car on the French national roads...... LOL!.


I combined alphas fom Pink Paislee and JillybeanSoup to make my title, and stitched down the letters using my sewing machine. Both these alphas had kept well and did not actually need stitching down, but occasionally you will get one that has lost the ability to stick. Often I will just add some glue to the back, and voila!, but now and again, and especially on a more C&S layout I like to stitch across the letters.




If you would like to see the layouts that Francoise and Anya made please click your way over to the Pandore blog.

8 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous.. i love the fish tale banner taking center stage under your photo.. love the white space and the eye catching borders top and bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love the bright colors on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kjempefin! Og så glade farger,får meg til å glede meg til sommer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Bente and really like these colours, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock the C & S too! An eye for design and color! Gorgeous! And love that photo. I can only imagine the experiences you had. I know just the few times traveling to other countries was so interesting. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really pops, the colours are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...