Wednesday 3 April 2013

One of my layouts from the Spring Issue of PaperHaus Magazine.

Hi again!!
A month has passed and we are allowed to share the projects we made for the latest PaperHaus Magazine. I had two layouts and one off the page project in this one. Today I will show you what I made for the PaperHues section.

I had a lot of fun (..and a lot of work,too....) creating the layered paper 'frame' around my layout.
I used a couple of sheets of white cardstock and cut strips from them. I crumbled and stretched my papers several times to achieve this worn look and stapled the strips to the page while  layering them. To stiffen them I brushed them many times with paint and gesso to create a hold. I also added some cheese cloth etc between the layers for a more varied look.
I can assure you this looks much more interesting IRL!! LOL!


The base of the lo is recykled corrugated cardboard from a box. I painted some of the colours from the palette onto the kraft but did not cover it completely


I embellished with some mistable banners from Prima as well as some other Prima goodies. The small chipboard frame is made by Imaginarium Designs.


Most of my flowers are by Prima but even a few from my stash. I love the large lilac flower that is from an older collection.


I used a border punch to create the inner frame and added a coral coloured pearl trim to it. I love the femininity it denotes. I also used some cream liquid pearl to add to the effect.






I hope you enjoyed a closer look at my lo.

In the same issue of the magazine was a frame that I originally did for a tutorial at My Scrapbook Nook. In the mag it looked a bit distorted as the dimensions were wrong.
Here you can see  it is perfectly square. :-)


Thanks for dropping by!
 Be sure to come back soon as I have a few more things to share. I have made  few lo's that I have not been able to share yet.

14 comments:

  1. Love the frame you created around your LO, Bente!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! En helt fantastisk layout! Vilket otroligt hantverk! Gillar massor. Ramen var också den snygg och uppigande vårfräsch.

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bente! This is wonderful. I really loved this. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those paper & cheesecloth layers look amazing, Bente!! Stunning layout & gorgeous frame. Congrats on being published with them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! LOVING all those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the paper and cheesecloth ruffles!! so much work you've put into creating your layout Bente, all the pearls, punchwork and yummie flowers! and your frame is absolutely darling! Good job having them published! kramkram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning LO, Bente - The sweet nicety! And I love your beautiful design. Your colourchoice is absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love all the layers in your first layout.. very effective.. and beautiful flowers too.. and such a cutie in the lovely frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Fabulous creations Bente! Love all the layers in the first one. The outer edge looks like lace/ruffles of cloth....gorgeous. The second is such a cute creation. <3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Den LOen var lekker og så mye fin pynt. Nydelig bilde også.
    Ha en fin kveld :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bente what can I say....every time I visit your blog (which has not been often of late red faced here) I fall in love with your layering you make grungy look so elegant....beautiful work!...
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  12. You blow me away, Bente! Your blog is so inspiring. You have talent in spades. LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...just look at those amazing layers...beyond beautiful Bente. You are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Bente! I didn't realize how much work you put into the LO. AMAZING and GORGEOUS!! And I LOVE the frame, so beautiful!!

    I will miss Paperhaus. I had to step down. Too much on my plate and the submissions are a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...