Wednesday 11 September 2013

A closer look at my GD page for Scrap Around the World.(And some bragging :-) )

This is the page I made recently as a guest designer for
Inkido was a previous sponsor and we were delighted when Helen asked us to interpret the September mood board. This is such a fun challenge!
I promised I would post some close ups of my page today so here goes .-)

And here is a picture of the mood board and sketch for Gayle's challenge.
Isn't it just gorgeous?!!




 I started out taking inspiration from the stripes (background sheet), the words 'flying' out from the head (my butterflies), the large title (also a quote) and the black and white photo of a person. 
I also did a loose interpretation of the available sketch, picking just a few  of the elements.


 I fussy cut a lot of tiny flowers from one of the sheets in the 'Beautiful Memories' collection.
I believe the flowers are are poppies.


 I picked Inkido's  small butterfly stamp  and combined it with some other butterflies that I cut out. They were all embellished with some bling and pearl stones. Inkido do these in several colours and they are so great to add to all kinds of projects.
 
  I find the internet is such a great source when you are searching for various inspiration, and for
this challenge I decided I needed a good quote. This was just one of several quotes that I found.
 
 After cutting out the words with my Silhouette Cameo I backed them with pink paper, except for the words black and white that I wanted to stand out against the background.
As you can see from this close up I also added some freestyle sewing with my machine. I find it adds a lot of interest without being intrusive or  taking anything away from the design.

Talking of design,.... I was very pleased to finf out this page was a winner in the latest challenge over at Scrap & Music. I have hardly taken part in any challenges lately but that is something I would like to change ,.)


Thanks for checking out my page today. :-)
There is still a lot of time to take part in the challenge at SATW, or why not Sabrinas September challenge at Inkido to use layers and borders?

Hugs!






13 comments:

  1. Your lo is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeee that photo and the title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love both layouts! I agree with the sentiment on the first one and love how you did it with that stunning photo. The second layout is eye candy. Such talent I can only wish. Maybe one day you can visit me! All the best and thank-you
    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bente! Very beautiful interpretation! I loved the flowers around the picture. Thank you for being with us in SATW.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful up close Bente!!! and what a stunning photograph, looove all your cutting and the way you used the quote! Congrats on your winning page too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Simply gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Du tryller fram de lekreste LOer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally floored when first seeing your page, it is incredibly beautiful and so is your stunner of a daughter! She looks so grown up with her hair up like that, very 60's chic!
    Congrats indeed on your win over at Ana and Amarylis's!! Know exactly what your talking about, no time to play for fun. Would be heavenly to stop time and have like a week of pure me-time. Åker till London 2 oktober hipp hurra! KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a stunning page!! LOVE the layers, the stamps, the Inkido products, but above all that photo!!
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bente, your daughter is so very beautiful. This is my very favourite layout by you. So very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this layout really grabbed my attention straight away.The photo is absolutely beautiful all on its own but the way you have framed it so tightly and then let the little butterflies float away from it.Am not normally a gushy commenter but this deserves a lot of gushing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors, photo, text, flowers... Like it !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...