Monday 21 July 2014

'Fabulous' for Scraps of Elegance with July kit.

Are you ready for another page with the July kit from Scraps of Elegance?
 (If you scroll down two posts you can see the kit and everything in it.)

As always Melinda managed to find the perfect ingredients for making many lovely pages. 
All the supplies are so easily matched.


I am actually quite happy with this page, I am just not happy with how it photographed. 
I tried several times but the gesso will stand out too much and disturb the balance of the layout. 
Well, nothing to be done about that....

This is quite a nice shot of my eldest. 
She recently came home from spending a year at Cornell university  in the US and was actually invited to China for a few days just to sing at an event there. 
No doubt in her mind about going, although it was coinciding with exams. 
She talked to her teachers and the trip was arranged. 
She was very well received and really enjoyed being star for a day!
She was repeatedly told she was the most important person there and had three people 
constantly at her beck and call. This shot was taken around midnight when she arrived back in her room  after a long day that started already at 8 o'clock in the morning.


I just adore thes gorgeous large flowers. Both the teal and the pink one are from Petaloo.


The kit also contains some wooden embellishments from Prima Marketing and some cool word/title stickers from Heidi Swapp. The pink wing is made with one of the new dies from Sizzix/Prima.These dies are part of the Flora Grande collection. You can look up all the Flora Grande dies HERE!


I cut out the heart shape and layered it on a slightly larger heart that I cut with scalloped scissors. 
I backed it with some cheese cloth.


That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed my page and please check out the kits at Scraps of Elegance if you are on the lookout for something really special!

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo and you've scrapped it just beautifully! I really love your colour palette and the beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nydelig bilde,og som alltid..vakker LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so proud of your talented daughter. A beautiful photo and perfectly scrapped. I agree, it's annoying how some pages are difficult to photograph. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so enchanting , loving all the details and texture x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee those flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo! and adore your page! The colors, the textures, the flowers and other embellishments are all just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bente not only is this a gorgeous shot it just pops right of the page even from all that lovely work. Photos to me are the prime reason I even scrap so I love it when a photo just sing from within the page rather than trying to search for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...