Wednesday 9 July 2014

Scraps of Elegance July kit 'Chasing Rabbits'. First page.


Hi there ! 
I'm so happy you came over to check out the reveal of my first page made with the July kit from Scraps of Elegance. Melinda always gives us such great kits to work with and as you can see this is no exception! :-)

Here is what I made:


I startede by using some of the Marion Smith Design papers in the kit because I have admired 
their design for some time and not been able to get my hands on them. 
I must say they are really gorgeous up close and IRL!!

But lets start at the beginning and not get ahead of ourselves! Here is the main kit:


 The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are"
We were certainly mad about Marion Smith Designs' Mad Tea Party collection, and just knew it would be perfect in one of our kits! We hope you will love it as much as we do...

 Included in this month's kit:

Patterned Paper
  • Marion Smith Designs: Mad Tea Party Collection:  Tea Party, Rabbit Hole, Wonderland, Roses Are Red, Spot of Tea, Cut n Create Ephemera,
  • Webster's Pages: Party Time Collection: Sweets Table, This Special Moment
  • Kaisercraft: Telegraph Road Collection:  Memo, Parcel

Embellishments/Other Kit Components
Prima: Something Blue Collection - Save The Date Flowers
Kaisercraft: Storyteller Collection - 12x12 Cardstock Stickers
Heidi Swapp: Buzz Words Epoxy Stickers - Celebrate
Reneabouquets: Our signature hand-crafted butterflies
Heidi Swapp: Color Magic Cardstock Watercolor Tags  - Hearts
Marion Smith Designs: Junque & Gems - Mixed Flowers (resin)
My Mind's Eye: Now and Then Dorothy Journal Stickers
May Arts - Red with polka dots sheer Ribbon - 1 yard
Digital Sketch by Suepup, created for inspiration with our Chasing Rabbits Kit, emailed to you.

There are a large number of add ons too to expand this kit to last you the entire month!
Now for some closeups of my page:


Yup,...I still love me some banners and these were cut from the patterned paper to match exactly. I love the layered effect of the flags and the flowers.


 You will probably recognize these handmade flowers from many of my projects (all?) lately .
I make them with the Sizzix Bigz die Tattered Florals and they are just the best!!


I love this picture of DD we took at the beach a couple of weeks ago. 
A rather chilly day, but the light was gorgeous that evening!


That large velvety flower is by Prima and it's from the flower add on.


Well that was all for now at this  (for me) late hour. It's past midnight and time for bed. 
Who knows;...If I am lucky I will find a friendly comment or two here tomorrow when I wake up... Take care! :-)




6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your lay-out is just as gorgeous as can be. I love the feminine colours and patterns and your beautiful flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning photo and an equally stunning layout. Rich in colour, layering and texture. Absolutely fit for a Princess :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is outstanding! Love the flowers and banners and what a stunning photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page! Love the banners and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page Bente...love the banner and the gorgeous blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is incredibly stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...