Sunday 21 June 2015

A shabby beach page for Blue Fern Studios.

Hi, We have already reached the last part of  June and Summer should be upon us Big Time!!
 Unortunately the weather here seems to be stuck at 'April showers' and the occations to barbeque have been few and far between.....In Sweden we love to celebrate Midsummer outside with our traditional food and a dance and sing around the 'May-pole'.Well, I guess not much of that going on this year as yesterday was an utterly blusery and rainy day alas. 
-So I stayed inside scrapping... What better substitute, -for almost anything...?

Here's my first page:


I based my layout on the beautiful Montage collection and particularily one of my fave sheets
the blue and white side of 'Fairyland'. I did use a lot of media on top, but that is one of the 
many great things about the Blue Fern Studios papers; they are very thick and awesome 
quality so they are able to take a lot of experimenting!


I picked a pretty picture of my youngest looking for seashells on the seashore last Summer.
As this is a beach themed page I decided to frame my picture using the gorgeous Seaside Frame. 
It's got a little seahorse, a star, an anchor, etc so it's just perfect!




At first I primed my page with gesso. When dry I added a layer of a blue paint. I mixed several shades to get it just the right colour. I added a layer of crackle glaze on top. 
Before the crackle dried I sprinkled  some special fairy glitter and some tiny glass beads on top. 
After all we were looking for treasure :-)


The cracks in the paint are really small but look very cute in real life. 
Unfortunately they don't show up well in the photos.

Thanks for looking in today!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Bente this is fabulous! I adore the colours - what a high-impact page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow fabulous layout ! shabby but colorful, and i love the style !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious LO Bente!!!
    I´ve been out from scrapbook for a long time and yesterday I sat on my room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing, love all the embellishments around your photo.. love the blue frame too.. and love blue fern papers too.. and scrapping is a fine thing to do when the weather outside is unpleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in love with that blue! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very beautiful!! LOVE that blue!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...