Monday 29 June 2015

Blue Fern Studios 'Memories' and preview of the new collection 'Frolic'

I have one more project to share that was part of my June post on the Blue Fern blog.
I love this picture that was taken as we celebrated a family birthday last Summer.


I used the soft Ombre Dreams collection for this page and this paper is called 'Susans Dream'.

Underneath my photo there are a few layers of papers that got the 'border punch-treatment'.
I haven't used my punches in a long time, so it was long overdue. I will do that soon again.
This particular punch is a deep edge one by Martha Stewart and called 'Floral Vine'.




I picked out some of the 'Shabby Brick bits' chipboard and painted them with gesso. Then I added some gel medium and sprinkled some fine yellow glitter on top. It looks really pretty in real life.



The main chipboard piece here is the beautiful 'Beaded Flourish frame' and you can take a closer look at it HERE.
I painted it with a mix of different colours and when dry I stamped on it with one of the 'Halftone' stamps.
To further embellish it I added some gold Stickles. I thought this would go well with the gold coloured 
mist I used on my background.


Finally a couple of close up shots to show how I don't stick my entire layers to the backgroundpaper.

Many of you will know this but I think it's a great tip for the beginners who would like more texture and dimension on their pages.



Now, before you go I'd like to share an image of the upcoming and simply beautiful 
new collection by MIchelle Singh for Blue Fern Studios:

It's called 'Frolic'

That's all for today!! I wish you all a great week!!





6 comments:

  1. Och, Bente, I love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout, love the brick work and frame around your photo.. And the new papers look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it's such a gorgeous page! Your use of colours is amazing and I really like how you altered the circle frame around the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page Bente! Love your layers and florals with the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning beaut of a page! Love all the elements and such a special photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...