Monday 12 March 2012

Color Combos # 220, A card for one of my beautiful sisters.

Hi friends!
I am posting this quickly as I am off on a business trip to Milan for a few days to buy a new product line for our company.
 I am so going to enjoy  Spring on the Piazza del Duomo sipping some great Italian coffe with some delicious gateau in the bright sunlight. The wonderful marble cathedral right in the middle of the piazza is just unreal, and to the right lies the playground of the rich and famous, The Galleria of Vittorio Emanuele II. Oh well, looking never hurt anyone,... LOL!
We are hopefully getting a behind the scenes tour of Teatro Alla Scala as well (if they have opened those for the year. Maybe they won't until April).

And of course there will be a lot of hard work as always, but at least this time we have taken the extra day...



   This week we would love to see some cards from you posted to Mr. Linky at Color Combos Galore!






The designers challenge is to use a fun or festive sentiment.

 As I was going to make a card for one of my sisters I chose a sweet quote that was suitable for that.
My sister is really the best sister you could ever have and I love her to bits!! 
I hope she will like my card!
Her birthday is in a couple of weeks time and I will send it to her.
I know she is a follower of my blog so I guess it will be no secret to her....LOL!


 I took some extra inspiration from the pink little clutch bag deciding on the shape and form of my card. I started out with a piece of cardstock that I embellished with a borderpunch. I cut out a piece of patterned paper to stick to the inside and added my quote, my message and my embellishments.
I wanted the flowers to show even when the card was closed.


I used some twine to keep my 'envelope' shut.


This is what the finished card looks like.


A final close up of the twine closure that ends in a small rosette. So very simple!


Now I am off to get some winks before getting  up very bright and early, to go across the bridge to Denmark,where we will catch the plane for Italy.
I'll catch up with you on my return! Be safe until then!!

16 comments:

  1. This is adorable Bente, I am sure she will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Bente, the envelope is adorable! Have fun on your trip xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, we have a tradition to go there every Spring and we love it evey single time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing!! so original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wauw wonderful card love the color combo!!!
    byeeee,lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. It`s beautiful,I love it!! And I love U :)))) ...can`t wait to get it in the mail :D Enjoy your trip to Milan!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is just soooooooooooooooooo neat! The pallete is awesome, and what you've created is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, I wish I thought of it! Everything about it is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, MY FRIEND, THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! I love your card!!!!!
    Have a wonderful time on Milan!! Take Care!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most adorable and unique card I have ever seen. I am sure your sister is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bente this is wonderful. She's going to adore it. Love the rich colours and unique design. Just perfect. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh a fabulous delightful card! I love the way you use flowers, it looks like a blooming spring on paper. Your work is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beeeeautiful spring colours!! your sister is going to adooore your card, what else can she when she receives this gorgeousness wrapped in pink - yum yum! Kramis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just phenomenal!!! What a fantastic idea!! Such an AWESOME take on the inspiration photo!! How she is going to absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...