Saturday 24 March 2012

Do What You Love. Using those gorgeous Authentique Papers again!

A couple of months ago I bought three different whole collections from"Authentique Paper".
 The one I have used the most Is called "Uncommon" and has the most feminine colours and patterns. That is the one I used for this layout.I really had so much fun doing this one.
I made it nearly two months ago and had almost forgotten about it.

That photo of Beatrice is so cute (Fotograf Gisela Ackerup took it, she's on FB)
What I love most here is the, for me, unusual shape and outlay. Mostly my layouts are pretty square in form and I normally just leave a little white space. 
So for me this one is a bit different.



To make the 'cornucopia-shape' I first fussy cut  a whole lot of those beautiful red pink and grey roses they have. I placed my photo in the right spot and started dding the roses from there. 
When I was content with the look I proceeded adding my dimensional roses on top.



I picked a beautiful flourish from Imaginarium Designs to 'frame' my photo. I cut in two after covering it with white paste.At the bottom of this post I will show you what it looks like bare.



 I have a doily as a photo mat and the doily in the upper corner is cut from one of the AP papers that has a doily pattern. I used my trusted Cheery Lynn die to cut that one.



The black letter stickers are fabric stickers by Prima Marketing. I really love that they are so textural.
 


I distressed all the edges of my textprint patterned base.
I cut a frame about 1,5 cm wide and sewed it on, after first securing it will a couple of drops of glue.
As it is not completely stuck down it can easily be torn and lifted in the way you want to leave you with a beautifully distressed border.



Here is a picture of my beautiful ID flourish:


And HERE is the link to it.


I have just started using my blue collection of Authentique Paper. 
 I almost never use blue so this should be fun,...lol!
                                                                   Watch this space.....

Yesterday I received my large box of goodies from Stop and Scrap and I am in scrap heaven!!


Don't forget you get a slightly larger discount (12%) using the S and S code in my sidebar compared to most of the newsletters they send out. Just write 'paperglue' in the right spot.

That was all for today.
Tomorrow I am off with my girls to a scrap fair about an hour from here by car. 
I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Keep safe!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and I like the photos with shadow, nice!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bente, this is breathtaking, sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO! The trail of flowers and round photo make for a perfect design! Truly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so precious my friend!! The flower work is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Så nydelig LO du har lagd :)
    klem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh this is so beautiful! It is the first time I see this way of shape/scetch/placement how can i say it..? :) i love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeee how you did the flowers up the page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bente, Thankyou so much for your offer to create an ATC,the size is 2.5inches x 3.5 inches... my email is annetteswv at gmail dot com which will make it easier for correspondence... many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beautifull lo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the doily mat and the stitched border. Thanks for sharing, Bente!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer Bente! this certainly is a page full of bountiful beauty! LOVE the shape of those flowers trailing down the page and the chippie flourish as the icing on the cake! Helt enkelt alldeles underbar! Läste på Doreens blog att du varit iväg på scrap träff, var har du varit? något kul? Gubben och jag har tagit hand om varandra denna helg, ute och ätit och fikat, bara myst och struntat helt i papper och sax. KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how absolutely beautiful! Love the spread of flowers...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bente,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a sweet comment about my new etsy shop. I add new kits everyday.

    Love this page!! You did such an amazing job with the layers of paper and the flourish of lfowers. Just pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this design Bente - I decided a while ago that diagonal layouts were my favourites - just seems like the best default design for layouts in my opinion. Love the fussy cutting with the added texture of the blooms on top and I have that die on the way to me - I couldn't bear to be without it any longer. That chippie is also my favourite from ID ever - I need to order a lot of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi.. This is really beautiful.. I love the flowers like that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...