Monday 26 March 2012

Color Combos Galore # 224, a Happy Birthday tag.

Time again for a new color challenge at CCG!




This is the second week working with this beautiful combo on the inspiration board. 
Unfortunately I was not able to take part in the previous one and I really missed it!
This week you can make tags, cards, mini albums and/or altered projects.

I made a largeish birthday card-tag that I plan hang on a present and make it double as a gift tag. 
As I am sure you can tell it is actually fairly straight forward.

The designer challenge calls for use of some metal element on your project
For my metal I used a small heart charm tied on with yellow twine.
I used kraft coloured corrugated cardstock as a base to mimic the texture on the cupcake liner.




The light blue paper and the yellow twine was bought from local manufacturer Panduro Hobby.
The corrugated cardstock is from the dollar store.
The yellow roses are a non-brand type that I bought from a shop on the internet.



 At first I was thinking this would be a bookmark for one of my girls. But then I ended up with those bulky yellow roses that would not fit very well between a couple of bookpages,...lol!



I hope you will try this combo and mabybe make some sweet spring cards yourselves.
It is great to stock up on them for when you need one but don't have the time to pull out all those supplies. I am off to  make a few more myself now for all those birthdays coming up.

Thanks for dropping by.



11 comments:

  1. Awesome, you know you gave me an idea, my mother always has her bible open and a bEautiful yet bulky tag would be great for me to give her, thanks for the inspiration! It's a lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what gorgeous colour Bente and your tag is so sweet! Love it! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the flowers and the heart embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Wonderful project for those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful...I just love that little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous I love the soft and subtle tones of this color palette and your tag with those two beautiful roses and corrugated background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utrolig lekker Tag, likte veldig godt kartongen du har brukt.
    Tusen takk for hyggelig besøk i bloggen min!
    Ønsker deg en god påske!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORE the colours! this special pale robin's egg blue makes my heart go thumpety thump of happiness! and what a gorgeous tag, totally delish! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...