Saturday 3 March 2012

My layout "Beauté" and a sketch from the webzine.

I made this layout a little while back and it was in the latest webzine from Les Papiers de Pandore.
I used the new collection called "Perfum de Camélias", and I think I used a bit of almost every piece of the collection.



 I may have gone a bit overboard here with my flowers and my fanfolds,...LOL!

I cut the frame from one pattered paper and placed it over the green paper.
I used a heart punch from Martha Stewart for the border on the pink paper.
I wanted the hearts to stand out more so I backed them with a darker colour.
After layering the pink paper on top and glueing it only down the middle so the sides would be loose, I added my doilies down each sideunderneath the heart border edges.



I love doing fanfolded rosettes with a striped paper because hey all turn out so different. 
If you have not tried it I think you should, because it is great fun!


Of course I ad to add some pretty flowers to my page. These are a mixture of Prima and others from my stash.




I love this photo of Beatrice with her long braids. It was one of the last ones we took before she cut off most of her long lovely hair. (Although some would maybe say it is quite long still...)

Finally I will share the sketch that Julie made for this page, The picture is a page from the webzine:




Enjoy your day! Today is a wonderful cold Spring day here.
Thanks for any comments in advance. You know we all love reading them!!


.

14 comments:

  1. stunning page great colors and flower work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous!! I don't think you overdid the flowers at all- every piece of this is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's too much it's just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! This is just soooooooooooo pretty! Love the mix and those flowers are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous, gorgeous page, Bente! So filled with exuberant detail! Love it to pieces! Congrats on being featured in that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeee the colors and love love love all the rosettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I had commented on this already?!?!?! My brain is gone, anyway...this is GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, sheer perfection, I love th colors the dimension, the photo, this is just super fantastic!!!! Love it! Those pleated blooms are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coucou!!Absolutely exquisite page Bente & helped along by those gorgeous papers! Love your concertina blooms...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bente, WOW!! This is awesome! Incredibly stunning!! I love seeing the close-ups, beautiful work, Bente!! Keep it up :) Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just checking if I really really have turned off word verification,...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh this is gorgeous! NO never too many flowers LOL. Love the rosettes! Hope you are well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you framed the photo with the blooms...so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...